Getting The Resolution You Need In Real Estate Issues

I am passionate about real estate law and regularly counsel clients on commercial and residential, leases, sales, purchases as well as property disputes such as property line, rights of way. I represent both landlords and tenants in a host of landlord-tenant law issues. No issue is too large or small for me to be able to offer legal guidance.

If Your Neighbors Are Using Your Land

Adverse possession is a type of real estate dispute. The adverse possession laws in Connecticut allow a person to claim a property that belongs to someone else. For example, if your neighbor uses your private drive every day or plants a garden on the property line that advances a foot or two every year deeper into your property, this is adverse possession. Whether it is a private road or driveway, or agricultural development of an unused parcel of land, the doctrine of adverse possession can mean you neighbor can legally take your property. This is why swift legal intervention is necessary.

Strong Representation In Quiet Title Actions

A quiet title is a lawsuit that establishes the true owner of a property title. The lawsuit is used to resolve any claim issues. This resolution makes it possible for the title holder to sell or buy the property. If your house goes into a tax sale, call me. I can work with you to create a quiet title.

I have extensive experience in injunctions and quiet title law issues. I can also help you:

  • Defend your property against liens and adverse possession
  • Sell your real property after a divorce
  • Resolve easement issues
  • Fix a mistake in a deed
  • Interpret, modify, amend or enforce commercial leases
  • Resolve property line disputes
  • File a partition action when you are a joint property owner in a dispute

Get Experienced Help With Specific Performance

Specific performance is pursued in order to force the opposing party to go through with what was promised in the contract. In business litigation monetary damages are usually awarded, but in real estate a party can be court-ordered to sell the property and to live up to the terms of the purchase and sale agreement.

The Quality Legal Help You Need

For real estate issues both large and small, contact me, attorney Sandra Akoury, at the Law Offices of Sandra Akoury at 203-295-3847 or email me, and I will get back to you promptly. To serve you better I am available evenings and weekends by appointment. I represent clients in Danbury and in the surrounding communities.